Tuesday, February 14, 2006

For the Sweetest Woman I Know

Tonight I cried
I cried so hard I screamed
I cried so hard I couldn't breathe
I cried so long the shower went cold
I cried until I didn't think I could cry anymore
And then, I cried some more.

I cried for happier times, I cried for sad times
I cried for all the times I didn't know how to feel
I cried for the times you didn't shed the tears that may have helped the pain.

I cried for every happy memory I have with you
I cried for every sad time you were strong for me
I cried for all the times you stood strong for so many others
I cried for all the times you were hurting and I cried for all the times you never gave up
I cried for every time you brightened other's lives
I cried for all the laughter we've shared
I cried in memory of all the stories we share together

I cried for all your strengths, and I cried for your weaknesses
I cried to help take away all your fears
I cried for 90 years of an amazing life that touched so many
I cried for the love I have for you and cried for your love for me
I cried because your life is so beautiful to me that you can make me feel so much.

And then I closed my eyes to remember some more...
And I told you again, I Love You, and you smiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home